Sport Premium Overview – Simonside Primary School
‘Dream, Believe and Achieve’
‘At Simonside Primary School we believe PE and Sport plays an important role in making our school vision ‘Dream, Believe, Achieve’ a reality for every pupil, with the potential to change our young people’s lives for the better. We believe that physical education is a vital and unique contributor to our children’s physical health and well-being and aim to provide all of our children with high quality physical activity experiences that will lead to lifelong participation and fitness.’
PE Premium Allocation £18,010 Academic year 2019/20
‘Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and Sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this’.
Funding for schools is calculated by the number of primary aged pupils (between the ages of 5 and 11) as at the annual census in January . Schools with 17 or more eligible pupils receive £16,000 and an additional payment of £10 per pupil.
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport you offer.
This means that you should use the premium to:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers
- build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
There are 5 key indicators that schools should expect to see improvement across:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity - the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
- the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
Details of how we will spend the funding and the effect of the funding on pupils’ sport participation & attainment : Please see our PE & School Sport Premium – Spend and Impact 2019-20
OFSTED Report – April 2016
‘Physical education (PE) and sport funding is used effectively to raise staff expertise in the teaching of PE. Specialist PE coaches work alongside school staff and the school has provided many additional opportunities to enhance sporting skills. These include participation in a range of sporting competitions with other schools and opportunities for pupils to become involved in after-school clubs.’
- Simonside PE Premium Spend 2018-19 (1).pdf
- Simonside PE Premium Spend 17-18.pdf
- Simonside PE School Sport Action Plan 2017-18
- Simonside Curriculum Map 17-18 website.pdf
- Physical Education Policy .pdf