Simonside Primary School Vision and Values
At Simonside Primary School our priority is to develop a love of learning which is inspired by quality teaching, a rich curriculum and exciting opportunities and experiences. This will take place within a safe and happy environment in which children are supported to thrive and flourish. Resilience will be fostered in all children to enable them to be positive global citizens and fulfil our school's motto of 'Dream, believe and achieve.'
We are committed to:
- Promoting high standards of progress and attainment in pupils’ academic, personal and social development.
- Encouraging high standards of behaviour.
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare and well-being of all children.
- Governors, staff, parents and children working together in order to achieve the best for every member of the school community.
- Promoting respect, tolerance and understanding towards oneself, all other people and the world in which we live. As a school with Rights Respecting School status, we do this through teaching children about rights, through rights and how to champion the rights of all children.
We work hard to create a community and environment which encourages everyone to:
- Feel safe, cared for and valued.
- Be treated equally irrespective of gender, race, religion or beliefs, disability, physical characteristics or any other factors.
- Develop a love of learning and take opportunities to be inspired by and learn from other people.
- Teach values relating to respect, resilience, determination, responsibility, truth and aspiration.
- Challenge ourselves to achieve our personal best in whatever we are doing.
- Co-operate with and respect others.
- Keep healthy in mind and body by taking regular exercise and understand the principles of a healthy lifestyle.
- Proactively care for the environment in which we live, the school in which we learn and the wider natural environment in which both are set.
- Take responsibility for our own actions.
- Attend school every day.