- Safe Recruitment Form schools revised 24.10.2018.doc
- SENCO person specification and Job Description - Simonside Primary School.pdf
Job Title: Part Time (0.5) SENCO Teacher Salary: MPS/UPS
Address: Simonside Primary School, Bedeburn Road, Newcastle upon Tyne NE5 4LG
The governors and staff of this vibrant and welcoming primary school are seeking to appoint an inspirational teacher to lead and co-ordinate SEND provision across the school. Come and join our friendly, dedicated and hardworking team of professionals. The post will be dedicated to SEND for 2 days and involve half a day PPA cover.
We are looking for someone who:
· Is an outstanding and motivated teacher who can raise levels of achievement for all children.
· Has excellent planning and organisation skills to co-ordinate special needs provision.
· Has the drive and commitment to make a positive impact on school standards, pupil engagement and achievement.
· Will be passionate about children’s learning and promote innovative ways to enrich the curriculum making it accessible to all.
· Will promote teamwork and be a professional role model.
· Has high expectations of behaviour and will be committed to making a positive influence on the lives of our children.
· Can work highly effectively within a team environment and with outside agencies.
We can offer you:
· A welcoming and very supportive whole staff team.
· Resilient, happy children who are keen to learn and make you smile!
· A school rated Good by Ofsted.
· CPD opportunities and time to develop your professional skills.
· A journey with a school ready to embrace new positive challenges.
When: Required September 2019 (or as near to this date thereafter)
Interested candidates are warmly invited to look around the school on Wednesday 22nd May 2019 at 3:30. Please contact the School Office to confirm.
Simonside Primary School is strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to obtain an Enhanced Certificate of Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and a range of other recruitment checks. The safe recruitment form explains that a satisfactory Enhanced Certificate of Disclosure of Criminal Convictions is an essential requirement for this post. You must disclose all previous convictions, cautions or bindovers; none of these may be considered “spent”.
It is important that the school has information about whether or not you have any convictions so that this can be discussed with you at interview. Failure to return the safe recruitment form before interview (and, in the case of the successful candidate, failure to subsequently obtain
a satisfactory Certificate of Disclosure from the Criminal Records Bureau) will unfortunately disqualify you from further consideration for this post.
Application Details: Further information and application forms are available to download from our school website. http://www.simonside.newcastle.sch.uk A paper copy should be returned to: Mr Sean Hayes, School Business Manager, Simonside Primary School by Monday 3rd June 2018.
Shortlisting will take place on Monday 3rd June 2018 PM. We will contact via phone those candidates successful for interview.
Interviews will be held on Monday 10th June 2019