Ethos and Values
Simonside Primary School Ethos and Values
Simonside Primary School is a bright and welcoming school based in the outer west of Newcastle. Our team of hardworking and dedicated staff work to foster resilience in our amazing children, and enable them to approach life with a positive attitude. This positivity is embedded in our well-used and consistently applied school vision -
‘Dream, believe and achieve’.
Our aims as a school:
We work as a team to ensure all children receive the best education in a happy and secure environment.
We promote high standards of progress and attainment in pupils’ academic, personal and social development.
We encourage high standards of behaviour.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect everyone involved within the school community to share in this commitment.
We provide a rich and inspiring curriculum that is bursting with opportunities which will support children for the next steps in their learning journey.
Every child is given opportunities and encouragement to achieve his or her maximum potential in all aspects of school life.
Governors, staff, parents and pupils work together, valuing each other, in order to achieve the best for every member of the school community.
We promote respect, tolerance and understanding towards oneself, all other people and the world in which we live.
To achieve these aims we work hard to create a community and environment which encourages everyone to:
- Feel safe, cared for and valued.
- Be treated equally irrespective of gender, race, religion or beliefs, disability, physical characteristics or any other factors.
- Develop a love of learning and take opportunities to be inspired by and learn from other people.
- Teach values relating to respect, resilience, determination, responsibility, truth and aspiration.
- Challenge ourselves to achieve our personal best in whatever we are doing.
- Co-operate with and respect others.
- Keep healthy in mind and body by taking regular exercise and understand the principles of a healthy lifestyle.
- Proactively care for the environment in which we live.
- Take responsibility for our own actions.